View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

More progress
Cab Fenders and Bed are now of and finaly gets to see the frame and it looks good
but what a load of work to get everything of
Front Fenders off just need to get the inner fender off both rotten bad

Got Rust?

Bed off lighter then we expected

They had welded on Hitch to the bed and frame what a pain to get off
im going to clean up both hitch and bed around the opening and just leve it like its with maby a rubber strip around the hole in the bed so it dosent look to bad

Cab lifted on the rear of the frame rails
found out the the transmission was only held in place with 1 bolt on the Bell Housing and the drive shaft missing the nut on the crossmember and other 3 bolts on the transmission

Cab of and just going to the some sheet metal of it and the Vin number and then its going of the junkyard

Plans for the next few weeks before the cab arives, clean up the frame and paint it, undercoat it, new brake lines, new fuel lines, sand and paint the fuel tanks, rebuild front calibers, 3" Stainless steel exhurst with home grown headers and stacks in the bed, get the heads of the engine and get the of to my friend so he can do his magic and then paint the engine, new shocks Rancho RS5000 more will proberly come but thats plans for now

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote