View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 12:48 AM   #21
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Re: 73-87chevytrucks.com's Triple Pillar Pods are now available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2007 View Post
Looks likes a blind spot for me but very nice work. Maybe a smaller LED gauge and lower or inline with the pillar. Be good for off road or racing. Sorry but just my 1 cent ,not 2 ,just 1
I haven't experienced "blind" spots more than when they weren't there, but it isn't for everyone, however I am not really sure why you are commenting.

Compare this to say a GMT800, which has a 5" wide factory pillar, Or compare it to any modern vehicle like my 2006 LJ or wifes 2015 JKU.

This is in my daily driver and has been for 5+ years (w/ right at 50K miles) and currently we have sold 700+ of them. They were designed by me to allow full direct view to the gauges from anyone from 5'-4" to 6'-4". The pillar on these trucks are way to thin to allow mounting directly in front of the pillar unless they are almost 6" out/forward and even wider which intrudes with the door seal/door and forward view.

below is me driving it with passenger holding the camera by my face simulating looking toward them followed by another picture with me stopped in PowerTour traffic with the phone directly in front of my face where they are not seen
Attached Images

1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote