View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #21
stick72

Re: Some assembly required……

Been fitting patch pieces, hoping I was close to tack welding, but I've run into some fitment issues. Since most of the A pillar, inner and outer rocker and cab support were rusted away, I haven't really had a good reference point to know if new parts were in the correct location. In hindsight, I should have left as much of the existing rusty bolt locations as possible. I've test fitted the door and fender, and they fit well in relation to each other and the rest of the truck.

As a reference point, the inner rocker had a hole in it, and that hole seemed to line up with an existing bolt hole and the rear of the door opening. However, when that hole is lined up, the front fender lower bolt mount is about 3/4 of a inch too far forward to thread into the fender. Additionally, the floor patch panel doesn't fit well, as it sits a bit forward as well if I try to line up the "gutters" in the floor.

Everything appears that it would line up if a trimmed more off the back of the inner rocker, allowing it to slide back, but then the existing bolt hole at the rear of the inner rocker would not line up.

The top is still bolted on, and luckily one of the few things that isn't to rusty is the torsion boxes. Both doors fit well, and the openings all measure the same left to right, so it doesn't seem like the firewall has shifted.

Anyone else run into this? I don't want to trim the inner rocker to get everything to align, and find out I missed the real problem
Attached Images

stick72 is offline   Reply With Quote