View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 08:44 PM   #63
NoNeck

Re: Another one underway! Meet project Savannah

Quote:
So, the wooden beam pushes up against both door openings? and the lift attaches to the two pieces in the center....?
Yes, the lift attaches to the TOP of your engine lift. I found the measurements by watching a video titled "Removing a Truck Cab By Yourself (Part 1 and Part 2) at paulk.com. I'm not too computer savvy so I don't know how to include the link to the videos, but a Google search will get you there.

We did some additional things that are not mentioned in the video. We left the original rubber door mouldings and added some sections of a Pool Noodle to the top of the cab doors. You have to build the lift to the width of your engine lift arm because they do vary. The key is to get the pivot points (the 2 x 4's) EXACTLY centered. Then when lifting the cab make sure there is the same amount extending past the cab on both sides. This is very important to keep the lift even. It's also important to keep the lift as far forward as possible because the front of the cab is much heavier than the rear.

If we can help you more, let me know.

POP
Attached Images

If it costs you a dollar to make a friend, KEEP THE DOLLAR.
If it costs you a friend to make a dollar, KEEP THE FRIEND.
NoNeck is offline   Reply With Quote