View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #215
DransportGarage

Re: Bob's Retirement Build - My '55 TF

Another 6 weeks of body work done, and some paint work. Although the outside will be painted with basecoat/clearcoat, I decided to paint the underside parts (wheel wells, under-cab, under-hood) with single stage paint. In retrospect, I'm not too sure that was a good idea. I get a great match between the single stage and the bc/cc, but I just spent about 4 hours masking all that I had painted. (Masked areas in the picture have been painted with single stage.)

Tomorrow the humidity is supposed to be below 60% so I'm hoping to shoot three of the four coats of bc/cc on the other side of these masked panels. I have some small stuff ready to go too. Once I have all parts in three coats of bc/cc I'll scuff, shoot the fourth coat on everything all in one day, then shoot three coats of clear. I'm still on-plan to have some paint to show on Labor Day, but won't have clear on.
Attached Images

Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)

Last edited by DransportGarage; 08-19-2018 at 09:36 PM.
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote