View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #14
dsraven

Re: Complete Chassis/Frame Replacement 55-59 Chevy Pickup

I was at TCI a couple of years ago, while the wife was shopping in Ontario wills outlet, because I thought they had a showroom. turns out they are an engineering, machining and assembly outfit that doesn't really have a show room. the guys there are great and took me through the entire place. they do a great job and can outfit you with whatever your desire for suspension on your truck. at that time they had a complete frame all crated up for shipping. he told me the cost at the time and it seemed like I could do a lot of work for that and at the time I wasn't looking for a complete frame, but now, after all the frame prep work I have done on my frame, I should have just bought the darn thing. for starters it is square and true, all the cab and box mounts are there, the diff is an option, the rear suspension style is an option, the front suspension is an option, braking types are an option, all set up for the rake you want etc. now it seems like a bargain. hindsight is 20-20. you should call TCI and get some pricing direct from them, or go online and check it out.
not sure if I will use the trailblazer frame or the original frame yet. still undecided.
post up some pics of what you have there. everyone is curious.
dennis
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote