View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #43
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Re: Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBECK64 View Post
Are you doing both sides? The cab corner and the Rocker look like they are really strait. Lookes like the lines on the door and cab are all lining up so your doing great. This thing will be rolling down the road before you know it.. Looking forward to some more pics...

JRBECK64
yea, they were rotten on both sides, so it all had to go, yea the lines aren't too bad, but I still had a terrible gap on the passenger door, the door is pulled back as far is it can go too, I still remember it was the same even before I skined the door, so I am certian it was nothing I did, I may shim it later and see if that helps at all.

Well it took me forever to clean up the area for me to work, my dad has this great habbit of piling everything up, or using a tools and not returning them, nothing worse then concentrating on the task at hand, then spending 20 minutes looking for a 9/16 socket. Now that I have my own shop, my life expectancy will go back up.
did only a few things on the chassis, as cleaning took half the day.

$500 for such small headman headers, and they still can't even finish them properly, thats a leak waiting to happen!
Name:  March 6th 2012 001 (Small).JPG
Views: 1447
Size:  68.9 KB
Little weld and grind job, and they should now work as intended.
Name:  March 6th 2012 002 (Small).JPG
Views: 1447
Size:  70.5 KB
big things on the list is to plumb fuel and air lines now...
Name:  March 6th 2012 003 (Small).jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  55.3 KB
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote