View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Project light duty work truck

I like it. Great job. I may be stepping into a K1500 GMC long bed for my next work truck. Always been an 8-lug guy but when a deal comes along, and you need a good deal, you have to take the opportunity. The GVWs are plenty high on these 1/2t pickups anyway. This is a friend's dad's truck he is selling...red reg. cab 5.3 89k no rust for $3k. He added a Lind visor (oh well, maybe tend to that later), tube bed rails (they'll go), and dual baloney slices under the bumper. It has all new fuel and brake lines by GM dealer.

I want to lift it, wheels, tires, and probably a work topper/cap/canopy/shell type thingy with ladder rack. I'm lifting less with maybe 285/75s. Your truck inspires me, though. I'm staying minimum because I want to focus on my 67 and 72, just need a dependable get down the road right now

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote