View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #241
DieselSJ

Re: 700R4 build thread.

First, thanks clinebarger for responding to my PM's. I really appreciate the diagnosis help.

I'm posting this question here because it relates to the Transgo 700-LU that was discussed in this thread. I have been considering that as a way to control my lockup automatically. Currently I have 2 switches on my dash, one locks up the converter in 4th, and the other locks it in 2nd/3rd. I never lock it in 2nd, but I do lock it in 3rd when I'm towing. I can't find a lot of documentation on the 700-LU so I have some open questions. It does appear that it will allow lockup in 3rd - can you confirm?

Also, I'm confused on the instructions. From the Transgo website - FITS: THM 700 83-Up early or late design Valve body that is bored and contains either an OEM TCC valve train or Dummy plugs.

FEATURES: 700 Hydraulic Lock Up Kit No electrical needed. This kit REQUIRES your VB to be already bored for inner and outer valve train that currently contains two “dummy” plugs. NOTE: This kit can also be used to replace existing valve train for easier TCC shift timing calibration.

From post 126 in this thread -
**NOTE, Valve Bodies manufactured after '88 usually do not have the bore machined, And some are not machined for the Converter Shift Valve, But are Machined for the Converter TV Bushing.**

If your Valve Body Is not machined for BOTH valves Ignore this post!!!!!

So if I have a later VB that isn't bored, then I can't use the kit?

Thanks for helping clarify.