View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #34
Orange Crate

Re: Another NV4500 to NP205

Since it is too cold to be in the garage I'd like to post an internet find here for the NV4500 assembly manual. I can not figure out how to reduce the file size any further than 1.2Mb (down from 3.4Mb) and the limit to attach here is 275Kb. If anyone wants a copy, PM me with your email and I'll send it that way. Sorry it is for a later 2001 Dodge version but you get the idea anyway right? I think what I will do is disassemble mine and then order just the bearings/parts that I feel need to be changed instead of buying a total rebuild kit like some vendors put together. As an example one vendor has a bearing kit that goes for around $330 and that includes what they call a small parts kit. I'll see what condition my parts are in first and then go from there to try to keep the cost down. I basically did the same thing on my NP205 and bough each bearing I needed separately and that allowed me to get good old made in the USA bearings at a little extra cost for the good stuff. I know I'll need syncros for sure already. Here is a tease shot since pictures are everything....
Attached Images