View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 02:23 AM   #1
87Skier

What do you think about traction control, ABS, etc...

I've been frequenting a mountain pass recently, and have been thinking about some of the newer safety features. I've never considered myself to be an overly cautious driver or a slow one, but when driving over the pass, I usually have people tailgating or catching up to me frequently. This is usually in the areas between snow covered and wet areas, so they are usually slick and unprepared roadway.

I can't believe how fast other drivers were going. I had people stacking up behind me, while waiting for the next pullout (which I use frequently). This is all while I lose traction slowing for corners and sliding around. Normally, I would blame my tires, but having used these tires in similar conditions without issue, I can't see how anyone else's tires perform that much better.

This leads me to believe that these other vehicles probably have traction control, abs, and a bunch of other safety features, that prevents them from feeling what is actually going on.

What do you guys think? Anyone have traction control and other systems that really make a difference?
87Skier is offline   Reply With Quote