View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 10:16 PM   #64
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

this %^&*# thing. every nut and bolt is fighting with every single thread to stay put. I have worn out two 6" grinding discs cutting heads off bolts. The fuel filter line is stuck, not sure what I will do about that yet.

I went to the interior shop to pick colors, I left a can of what I would be using on the dash (rustoleum burgundy) but they still didnt want to make a decision without my input. good thing. they picked the bottom color, I picked the top.

originally they had a streaky burgundy that looked like old furniture. I realigned them with the concept of my truck, I like the outside to look old but I like when things are modern, that means late model color and fabrics. I ordered a steering wheel this weekend, same thing, three spoke design with leather wrap. the top half looks like a repair but its actually made that way from the factory. my dad had one on his cavalier in the 80s, so when I saw it I had to have it

got the motor loose, not to soapbox on what a pain this thing is but the engine mounts were 5/8" on one side and 17mm on the other, nothing else fit. I chopped the trans mount lifted it with a couple jacks and moved it back

not quite enough. The power steering lines were my limiter so I gave them a little bend

thats better. I know I said 8.5 was my sweet spot but I am going closer to 10 because this trucks not the boss of me and I do what I want

I called the PO of the S10 and asked him if I owed any property tax on the amount of land he gave me with this truck

this may cause a problem, the motor mount needs to go right where this brake line is.

and found the coolant leak. when I picked it up it was empty on coolant and when I drove the truck home it lost what I put in. This I guess is common on the TBI, one more thing to do though. looking online the repair sounds fun.

more tomrorow! I have an idea for setting the motor mounts correctly and will try it.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote