Old 03-08-2024, 04:39 PM   #7
1972CheyenneSuper

Re: Vintage Air - Glove Box Arm Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust_never_sleeps View Post
These diagrams can be helpful:
https://www.lmctruck.com/1967-72-che...ents-and-hoses

Mine had disintegrated, so IDK if I had that hairpin on the passenger side
You might be able to cheat and splice in a piece of rigid dryer vent or sewer pipe to get some length back.
I bought the hose set and I'm pretty sure I did every piece at least twice because I kept finding I had already used the piece I needed :-\
For sure, use their catalog all the time for the diagrams. I've been messing around with it for a couple of hours, took the liner out, and adjusted the vent hose back and to the right as far as I could. It's such a sharp direction change it has to make right away to get past the evaporator line. I put the liner in again and have gained a little clearance, but I'm gonna have to modify the arm to work a little different. Waiting on the brown truck to show up with my third woodgrain applique before I put the glovebox door on. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow I'll have a resolution posted up. My defrost vent got popped out for the second time fidgeting with the liner, so I'm done taking it in and out. I don't want to scratch my dash or the vent up or damage the retaining clips to where it won't hold itself in anymore.
1972CheyenneSuper is offline   Reply With Quote