View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #106
bundeber

Re: "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3)

Thanks for the picts on the 8th wonder. That's a tricky spot as you need to seal up the cowl and still leave mounting locations for the cowl piece from the "new" body implant. As well as locate the wiper motor in a location that functions. I have an ideal for this.... but it's a bit complex.... I'll try to photoshop it into one of your photos.

OK, with the cab set back in location on the new firewall.... I think I would start by connecting the cowl support on the cab to the firewall permanently. This will preserve the mounting location for the cowl, and top portion of the fender. I would do this with a sheet or metal, set it in behind the lip on the cowl support and contour the bottom edge to match the new firewall. This is the orange piece in the photo. You'll have to build in fresh air ductwork on the passenger side at the same time. Making sure to reinforce the fender mounting locations on each side. This will seal this area from the engine bay so you don't get hot gasses into the cab.

Picture two. What I would do here to clean this up is remove the lightened areas. Leaving the mounting tabs for the cowl piece attached to the cab. THis will clean this area up, and allow much easier access for blending the two trucks together. The section between the two red lines I would bend down as a reinforcement flange much like the rest of that opening.
Attached Images

bundeber is offline   Reply With Quote