View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #11
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Re: The K-20 lives!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesjunk View Post
The first drive is the best! Looks good, and the wheels are perfect
First drive in along time. Last time I drove it we stopped at your place when bruce bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Geeze, that thing is a beast!
Yes it is, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
i wish i could work on mine, it's had a new motor in it for 4 years and never been fired up, all new 4 inch lift, rebuilt axles, etc. ---- back surgery, now i need at least one knee replaced and both shoulders are shot hell, if i was a horse they would shoot me
Sorry to hear that, maybe I should come pick it up from you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Nice!!! That thing looks really good with those old mags on it. I've been watching this one as you've posted updates. Very nice work!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Good to hear, but I already knew that. I have a son you know

Cool! Cool! Cool! That thing is awesome. Are the Sr West Coasts original to the 'Burb? They look right on there with the big tires. Funny how my preferences have changed. I've gone from just driving them because I liked them better than the current (that was '73) to collecting high option trucks as classics, nut and bolt frames offs, to having a preference for them just like this! Maybe it's all in line with how my standards with girlfriends has gone, lol. But, a little worn, not so shiny, and IN USE is what I dig now. I like my cotton faded, whiskers, and my shoes not so shiny too. That thing and my K2500 together (when it had slots) would have been quite a sight.

A friend has a '68 K/10 CST I think I could buy if I had the dough. I hope it keeps sitting till I do. I'd put put some 8-luggers under it if I got it. It is also white.
My tastes are more that way now also. I like this one because it can be used, sit outside, etc. Its no rustfree creampuff! Bruce added the mirrors when he owned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Looks good- very cool! How does it drive?
Thanks. It has the typical lifted truck "wander". Still need to check things out better yet.
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote