View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
That looks like a great start, keep the progress up. Along with pics, lol. Nice score on the rubber. Whats the plan for body color and wheels? All that sheet metal looks sweet btw, pretty rust free lookin'.
Thinking of painting it a charcoal grey and painting the top black. Just got wheels yesterday...they look cool (black with a machined metal/aluminum surface) but I just hope they don't look too modern for the body style. Might have to shove it in one of the tires and hold it against the body for a sneak peak. Anyways the grey, black, chrome should look good together.

Previous owner replaced the rocker panels and patched the front quaters. Torsion boxes are 90% solid. Not sure If I will patch those or replace the entire box - is there a problem with just cutting out the badly rusted parts?

There is minor rust on the floor pan but kinda hate to see what may be underneath. I've been looking all the sheetmetal/rust repair threads I can on this site and its given me some confidence that I can do it with some patience and luck

Quote:
keep up updated with pix and progress - it will help with motivation
Honestly right after making this build thread I felt this urge to keep it up like it was motivating me - pretty cool!
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote