View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #20
OrrieG

Re: Door hinge bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Beautifully explained! Now even I understand. LOL No, really, that makes sense.

I don't know if you have been to traffic court but you sound like the cop and I sound like the guy who go the ticket,
In college I got in an accident. I was pulling out of a lumber yard drive way that had my field of vision blocked with a truck. A speeding volvo ran into the 59 front bumper. Scratched the paint and crinkled the license plate on mine, took out the bumper, fender, bent the hood and door on the volvo. I got cited for failure to stop. Insurance company refused to help me fight it. Passenger in the car claimed significant neck injuries even though she was fine at the time of the accident. Luckily I had my camera and took lots of pictures, and came back and measured distances, skid mark lengths, etc. ASU has a great criminal justice program. I went over and found an enthusiastic student who hooked me up with textbooks on accident investigation. Did not take long to figure out that my reaction time, considering the blocked view, was above average and that based on the girls skid marks she was 15 mph over the speed limit (35 in a 20 zone) despite what she told the cop. I did not pay the fine, I went to court with photos, a plan showing the distances, etc. and my calculations. Judge asked the cop why he did not take the same measurements and he replied based on his judgement I was clearly in the wrong. Judge dismissed the case, chewed out the cop and I contacted the insurance company. They sued the "injured" passenger and her doctor, who happened to be the father of the driver for fraud.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote