View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #66
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Re: What's your best theft deterrent ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lap15 View Post
Relax people. I would never leave my dog in my truck with the windows up and truck parked in the middle of a mall lot when it's 100 degrees out. Common sense prevails. When the dog is with me it's usually for small runs and weather permitting. Both windows are down all the way and the slider open~hence commenting on this post. The dog will sit in the driver seat and wait for me. It's funny seeing her head stick up behind the wheel.
Heh, my dog is the same. If I put shoes on, she starts doing the "twirly" dance and is ready to go. I usually only make short trips, like a ten minute trip to the store for milk, fresh tortillas or something. On those short trips, she rides, day/night, heat cold.

If I'm going to be out longer than 30 minutes or so and it's in the heat of the day, she stays home, otherwise, she thinks it's her truck and I'm the chauffeur.

Back to the topic: Something often overlooked in terms of deterrent is risk avoidance in terms of location. Not everyone has that option, to be sure.

A good neighborhood, away from apartment complexes and high traffic areas, where the cost of living is low and the chances of living are high, goes a long way towards helping prevent thefts.
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote