View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 08:18 AM   #11
50bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
4 inch springs make getting a good alignment on the front hard to do and introduce a bunch of bump steer into the system. I would use a combination of springs and spindles. I like 2" or 2 1/2" spindles and what ever spring gets you to the 4 inches you are looking for. Then while you have it apart do the caster mod to the lower control arms (1/2" will get you all you need). You will be able to get 4 to 5 degrees of caster camber will be easy to set with out the extreme angle of the upper control arm that the 4 inch spring gives you and the tie rod angles will be pretty flat keeping the bump steer under control. The springs for the 73-87 are the same as 63 and up.
Jimmy
From what I was told 63-66 front springs will not fit in a 73-87 front suspension. But if you’re correct I do have 3” lowering springs when I had a c20 suspension But recently made my truck a c10 with front suspension out of a 73-87 Chevy c10. I had bought them from gmc Paul’s and they are supposedly made for c20. I just want to keep it simple.
Posted via Mobile Device
50bomb is offline   Reply With Quote