Thread: A-arm shaft?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 09:20 AM   #29
MolsonCanadian

Re: A-arm shaft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bollinger View Post
I just did mine and jonmc56 is correct. The rivet in the front saddle is your index pin. I broke my old bushings loose while on the truck with a big wrench where the arm would be solid enough to really get some torque on it. Then after it was off put the arm in the vise and finished removing the bushings. When I installed the new shafts and bushings I put my seals on the shafts first then put grease on the shaft threads and the A arm where the bushings go in. inserted the shaft into the A arm them started the bushings hand tight until the bushings started into the A arm on both sides. Turn them in about another turn then check to make sure the shaft is centered in the A arm. I check this by measuring the hole in the top shaft to the outside of the A arm and turn the shaft one way or another to center in the A arm. The same way for the lower but I measure off of the shoulder of the shaft to the outside where the bushing goes in. This was my first install and it is a little intimidating in the beginning but its not that bad.
Awesome! Found the pin, didn't realize it was in the saddle. Thanks so much!
MolsonCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote