View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #58
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

As with many cars, especially the older ones, the most wanted, purest form Blazers were the originals.

Over the years they have evolved a lot.

Originals lost the whole roof......

This makes them coveted.

By the time 1979 and my Blazer rolled in, the drivers or front roof section had become fixed, with only the rear fiber glass or is that glassfibre canopy section unbolting and lifting away, leaving you with a very basic truck like profile.

The canopy side glass also became available with sliding glass, I prefer the look of solid glass.

Front ends and hoods/bonnets kept changing too in order to keep people interested. Single round headlights,evolved through square and double stacked etc.

I found a 2WD Blazer, Jimmy, Suburban thread of 52 pages and pulled off some pics to add in here, partly as reference, but also because it reminds me that in summer this truck may just become even more fun.

Did I say FUN ?

Or [font size="5"][font color="e63b19"]FUN[/font][/font]

DISCLAIMER. Please keep in mind that there are no plans for fancy paint jobs, 22” wheels, turbos, blowers etc,

Love everything about this truck.

And would love one of these hoods for my truck with the bulge.

Same truck, big wheels that are not my taste at all.

Great colour combo, same series as my Blazer.

Really like this, despite the current paint status.

So there you have a mix, just to feast your eyes, and for ideas together in one place.

Thank you to the owners who posted up the original photos that I have pulled together on here.

Do feel free to add more if you have more TOPLESS Blazers.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote