Thread: bent frame?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 12:04 AM   #6
Mr_Rich

Re: bent frame?

If you didn't see any shifting on the mounting points of the pickup bed on the frame something took up distance when the bed hit the back of the cab and it probably means a bent frame. Just about every pickup I've ever owned has taken a hit on the back bumper which clearly showed some shifting on the mounting holes of the bumper, for example. You could probably measure the frame yourself using some string or fishing line measuring equal points on the frame in an X pattern. When my Hummer H3T took a rear end hit insurance only wanted to pay for a bumper. I asked about getting the frame checked and wasn't getting any help there so I wound up adjusting the bed on the frame myself since it shifted a small amount. I was lucky on that one. I keep a tow pintle in my receiver hitch now so if anyone bangs in to me they're going to be late to wherever they planned to go.
1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote