View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #16
Mr_Rich

Re: Need emissions help

As a matter of fact I still have the original upper fan shroud off my truck. When my truck was still relatively new the 305 had a factory defect/ cracked engine block in the lifter valley. I checked the oil one day and there was chocolate jello under the oil filler cap. This was at 30K miles. So I take my truck to the dealer for warranty work and the dealer "mechanic" (I hesitate to use the term) said that they only authorized replacement of the short block and so they put the damaged heads on the new short block. This guy cross threaded some SAE bolts into metric threaded holes and other assorted nightmares along with breaking the upper fan shroud. I gave up with dealership mechanics at that point. I had problems with the work that was done and months later I went to the local Pontiac dealer and bought a 350 OTC and installed it into my truck at the curb outside my apt. at the time. Best thing I could do at the time. I know I got side-tracked here but ignore it if you will and refer to the pics I posted.
Attached Images

1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote