View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #14
TR65

Re: Tonneau Cover for 60-66???

Quote:
onebad65c10 Re: Tonneau Cover for 60-66???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a cover on my 65 Short wide. I purchased it from LMC about 4 years ago. The manufacture is Tonneau Masters. I have had no problems out of it. It mounts on top of the bed no drilling, it clamps on. Its a snap and roll cover. I like this cover since I can not open my tailgate from the outside. The only thing that has happened since it has been installed on my truck was we had a lot of snow last Feburary and it slid off my garage onto the cover. It bent the bows. Once cleared off Just took the bows and rebent them back to shape.
Onebad, It seemes Tonneau Masters has gone out of business. They are still on some websites but you can't order them. Other sites say they are no longer available. Thanks anyway.

Quote:
chevyguys Re: Tonneau Cover for 60-66???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This company is awesome. I have used them many times over the years. Everything is made to order and Super high quality. You can also order the tonneau in canvas (which I prefer)

http://www.craftecinc.com/
Chevyguys, The Craftec looks good. Thanks.

ProTrash and Markeb01,

Thanks for the pics. The Gaylords seem to be the hot ticket for a hard cover.

I got this e-mail from Xtang today, I could not tell this from their application guide:

Good afternoon,

Extang manufactures two systems for the Chevy C-10 1960-1966 which is as follows:

BlackMax
6 ft bed PN:2320
8 ft bed PN:2325

Full Tilt Snap
6 ft bed PN:8320
8 ft bed PN:8325

Full Tilt Snapless
6 ft bed PN:38320
8 ft bed PN:38325

If you have any further questions please contact us via email or at 800-877-2588.

Dorene Selmi
Customer Service Representative

I like the looks of the BlackMax. I specifically asked for fleets. The numbers above are not in their online application guide.

TR

LS2 Swap Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=413880
TR65 is offline   Reply With Quote