Thread: Corn On The Cob
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Re: Corn On The Cob

Man, I'd like a romp through that garden! I patronize the produce stands all summer long. Hard to pass them by.

How about PEACHES???

Oh lordy lordy. I've been buying the juiciest PEACHES from the one stand I've been passing on my way home from the job I'll finish today. I don't know if they're really that juicy or if it's me salivating at the thought of the first bite. So tender and ripe you don't need teeth to eat one (I'd imagine). I was telling the kind woman how much I've been enjoying them and hate to have to buy frozen all winter long for my daily oatmeal. "Oh you can freeze them right up. Just slice, lay out flat in the freezer, then bag them up". We had a PEACH orchard on the farm I grew up on and I remember my mom freezing PEACHES. But I was thinking she blanched them first and I was thinking it was more involved. This lady, Jenny of Jenny's Market, went in her house and came out with a gallon bag of frozen PEACHES for me to try. Now that's what I call good customer relations!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote