View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: Air ride suspension

So my questions are:
1) Is it adjustable from inside the Cab?
Yes
Does it look like those Low Riders Cars that have a BIG BOX sitting on the Front Seat,
or is it a nicley tucked away switch?
This is all in the switches you purchase. You can get almost any type of switch and mount it however you wish. There are small/clean switch boxes too for easy install and can be hidden when not in use.

2) Can you adjust the Front/Rear seperatly?
This depends on the set-up. With 8 valves (2 for each wheel, 1 for up, 1 for down), you have full control over each wheel which IMO is the best set-up.

3) How do they install?
The fronts use a cup that sits in the lca and the top bolts to a plate that you bolt to the upper spring pocket. These 2 pieces are sold in kits by vendors on the board. The rears can be bolted into the stock spring (I'm pretty sure you have trailing arms by your description)

4) Does it go inside the Spring, do you still use shocks?
The air bags replace the springs entirely. Shocks are also still used and recommended.

5)Where does the Compressor go?
Where ever you can find room, but most mount to the rear of the frame under the bed.

6) Last but not lease, what are the prices for a nice dependable,
"Entry Level Kit"?
In-between 1K-2K depending on what you get.

7) Who/How much is it to install them?
Labor is $$$$$...never priced it, but I can't see it being worth the money with a "Entry Level" system

Air suspension may not be what you need. I don't know what shocks come with the CPP kit, but maybe just some better shocks and a bolt-in c-notch in the rear will make your ride much more pleasant. I take it that the rear is what is bottoming out, and with a 6" drop, a c-notch is recommended. Also, does the rear shocks have the relocators?