View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 12:55 AM   #6
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Knock sensor problems

How many times has it triggered? Like if you clear the codes, do you get any period of function before the light pops up?

If you can watch live data, look at what the KR* count actually is, and see where the histograms show the hits counting. If you have a physical interference (things like transfer case, exhaust, trans xmember) touching/vibrating against the motor, it can actually trigger a large single hit of knock. It would show up on the logs as a spike, instead of a plateau like an actual knock condition would.

Even easier....can you hear an actual knock? Because your getting BOTH sensors to trigger the same conditional code, it means there is either; a problem with the hardware (loose pigtail, partially shorted wire that only contacts under certain conditions), a kr threshold set oddly (unlikely unless tuner got ambitious, or sloppy), or an actual knock severe enough and frequent enough to trigger both sensors at the same time under the same circumstance.

The only time replacing the PCM is a logical step is when there is an actual internal board failure, driver failure, component mismatch..or pissing off my tuner. If you think the PCM could be a cause, then try hard grounding the case. Probably best to check your grounding straps on the head and block as well, or consider adding some if you've streamlined the factory layout.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote