Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 11:30 AM   #148
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronald_70GMC View Post
Looks great man! Hey I got a favour to ask you. Do you think you could pull the measurements between the two front cab mount holes, center to center, and the two rear cab mount holes, again center to center? I found on another thread that says they are supposed to be 37-1/2" at the rear and 41-1/2" at the front. My rear measures 37-3/8" which is fine, but I'm getting 40-5/8" in the front. Really hoping that what I was reading is just a typo or something as I have no idea where I could have possibly lost 7/8". Thanks
I sure can, I will grab those measurements tonight for you. But hey, just curious, what are your frame measurements from center to center on the body mount holes? That to me would be the best measurement since it is the frame your sitting the cab on yeah? Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Nice work. I sealed up the bottom of my truck before I started smoothing the firewall and didn't consider where the line would be that differentiates the painted firewall vs. the undercoated floor. I really like how you taped off that line and where it is. I'll be stealing this! I've seen many that paint the doghouse dome behind the motor, but I think I like your setup better. Plus it will be less bodywork to get that surface to look right since the undercoating will cover any minor imperfections in the metal better than paint. Looking great !
Brian
Thank you sir. That's exactly why I did that plus I thought the lizard skin would push a lot of the engine heat down under the cab instead of the firewall absorbing it in the tunnel area. And you won't see that area all that much anyways, at least on my truck you won't as I have the engine back as far as I could get it.

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 03-19-2019 at 12:17 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote