View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #13
factory2wdblazer's

Re: 700r4 lock-up converter help

well guy's again today i visted a couple more transmission shop's in my local area.. i had stoped by a transmission shop that i know of has been in busniess for 10 year's. a older gentelmen say's the same exact thing the frist transmission guy told me yesterday. transmission shop told me.. that there is no need for the lock up to be hooked up on the converter.. he say's it will not hurt the transmission at all.. he has these transmission's in his vechical's for year's with no look up hooked up....he say's he's been playing with these transmission for year's and the lock up is not needed at all...........these transmission shop's that are telling me this information about the lock up on the converter no haveing to be locked up have been in busniess for year's.. one shop has been open 20 year's and the other shop a little over 10 year's.. they are currently running 700r4 transmission's in a few of there car's with the lock up not hooked up.. one guy has a 79 box van 700r4 transmission converter lock up not hooked up and has no problem's has been driving like that for ten year's.. and tow's his race car's., he said he build's these transmission all the time.. and that he can hook it up if i want he to.. but he said there's no need to. you would be paying me do do some thing to your transmission that is not even need to be done said he would not feel right taking my money for nouthing.......i visted a few more shop's and they said it must be hooked up.. but all the transmission shop's that say that the lock up has to be hooked up, can't explain how it work's.. or will say i have to do some reserach on it and give you a call back, cant or won't explain how it work's just quick to say yes i can fix it for about $300.00 to $350.00.........bring it in......................................................................the transmission shop's that say i don't need the lock up hooked up have these transmission's in there own car's.. for year's with no lock up hook up... one guy has his 79 box van with a 90 700r4 tansmission has had it in there for over 10 year's with no lock up hooked up and pull's his race car's all over with it...............
factory2wdblazer's is offline   Reply With Quote