View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
gearhead2069

Re: Starting a new build...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerSid View Post
Check out this thread. Stockish is using a C4 IRS and has posted what rims and tires he is using. A bit of other info from others on what worked for them. I don't have mine yet but am looking for the same as Stockish is using.
Well... I guess you have convinced me! I think I'm going to go with both front and rear from Flat Out. I feel that I have skills comparable to that of Stockish so I think I'll purchase rather than build my own.

The only thing I started worrying about was the diff's ability to hold. My current plan is to run with a 376/480 LS crate from GM. Obviously the c4 did not come with that many horses so I began to worry. Well, I started looking into it some more and apparently Dodge has been using the 44 in their Vipers for quite some time now. Starting in 2003 the Viper came from the manufacture with over 500 horses and they still used the same diff. Obviously, that was probably at the flywheel and not the wheels but then again, the engine I'd like to go with puts 480 to the flywheel so in theory I should be good...

Please feel free to chime in and correct any errors in my logic.

My next question is with modifying the OEM chassis as absolutely little as possible (other than boxing the frame and adding additional support to strengthen it) what kind of ride height can I expect to realistically achieve with this set-up? I'd like to drop it down to somewhere around 6-7 inches from the ground at the running boards. Does this sound feasible?
gearhead2069 is offline   Reply With Quote