View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #225
huero
1969 Short, Fleet, and Beat

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
Taiwan, or Made in Taiwan, your right. Thats the problem im having with a suspension part I got from CPP. The nut on the adjustable tie rod end is to big. This is the second one, the first one was cut using right hand threads where as the adj-tierod is left hand tread. Just went back and got the 3rd one. So its really a crap shoot almost anywhere you go.
I stayed away from CPP after they sold me some defective spindles for my Nova. After, about half a year of having my car on jack stands and finally getting them to admit they were defective, they exchanged them for a redesigned spindle. It was not what I wanted but I was lucky they took them back. Some guys were not so lucky and basically threw $750 dollars down the toilet. Always, ask CPP what the return policy is on a part. You might be surprised to hear "once installed you can not return the part".
From the research I have been doing for my truck I think I am going to exclusively go Early Classic Enterprises for all my suspension parts. Unless, they are GM parts.
If, you do a search on this site you will find some CPP horror stories on some badly designed parts.
I believe if you pay a little more for quality, you end up saving time and money in the long run. Nothing more fustrating then have to remove a part and having pay or waste gas to send the part back then, hoping they take the part back.