View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #906
dsraven

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

wow dugg, you have been busy. if you are anything like me it will be an ordeal to move your existing garage over to a new one. hopefully you will have some overlap time so the new shop can be set up and ready to accept your "inventory" (lol) of things you have collected over the years. when I moved last time I had to chuck out a whack of stuff. not a hoarder (lol again) because it was all good stuff, right?
how big will the garage at the new place be, dimensionally, and will it be a tall one or a regular height one maybe? single door or double door? I have a 26x30 with 9'10" ceilings (bylaws suck) and 2 doors, that way when it is -30 outside I don't freeze the whole garage by opening a huge door. it is a bit fun to get into at times due to the alley width and no wiggle room there with the skinny doors. if doing it again I would put the shop into the yard another 4 ft so that would make the turn radius easier and no backing up most of the time, plus easier to negotiate a trailer into if need be. something to think about anyway. if you ever plan on having a hoist a single door works best so the hoist can be moved away from the outside walls. scissor trusses work well for that as well so the ceiling is taller in the middle of the room. I am sure you have that all thought out already though.
does it feel like a millenium has gone by since you had time to work on your old truck? gonna need it pretty soon by the sounds of it. post up a few pics when you get the paint applied, should look awesome.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote