View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 12:03 PM   #16
jeffahart

Re: Choosing correct size alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
Since last posting i broke my rule and got talked into a 93 amp alt from NAPA see link below. Yes i read them the riot act and they are well aware i have a hot line to some top NAPA guys so they assure me its wonderful and they will honor the lifetime guarantee. Apparently they have been listening as losing market share does get your attention. It weighs much more than the original and is listed as a 33si. Has a plastic fan and a ground lug. Now planning to run a number 4 direct to battery or starter and a number 9 to main fuse. Your comments advice recommendations and possible castrations are welcome.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/RAY2134356
I have a 140 amp alt. I run a #4 straight to the battery and use an inline 200A breaker. I have an old electric winch and onboard compressor. I have potential for pretty massive power draw, I use #4 ground wires also. But for you, over kill on the big #4 can't hurt... as long as you have your hands on it and you can keep the #4 out of the way. I lug and slug all the connections and use mil spec battery terminals.

j