View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #54
special-K
Special Order

Re: GMC Trim Levels Q?

I finally took my lazy butt over to the fie cabinet and looked into some brochures and saw that the '67 base truck was called a Deluxe,although there were never any emblems for that trim level.
On the Camper Cruiser it didn't say anything about any trim level requirement,only equipment,just like Custom Camper.
The '67 Brochure shows both the Custom and the Super custom with the same fender badge. Not sure what the Custom script was all about as far as when and how that appeared on a Custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
From 1967 thru 1971 there were 3 trim levels, the deluxe was the base model, the custom, and the super custom. In 1969 the Sierra and Sierra Grande models were added as a package of popular options, not trim levels. In 1972, GMC changed everything and now used 4 trim levels. Sierras and Sierra Grandes were now trim levels and not option packages. The custom was the base model, then super custom, sierra and sierra grande.
So,what you are saying is until '72 the Super Customs and Sierras had the same seat and Super Customs had carpet? So,all but the '72 Sierra Grandes had scrolled vinyl (CST int*) and Sierra/Super Custom had cloth (Custom int*) or did all three have scrolled vinyl and Customs had the cloth? I'm just trying to see what the difference in "trim level" and "package of popular options" is. If they were the same trim level then they would have the same seat and other trim level features,right?

*Chevy

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote