View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #48
19SIKtySix

Re: Project El Viejito, '66 C10 LWB BBW Build

Now that the truck is back home, I've been able to start working on the key items like fuel lines and wiring.

Since I started this project, I've wanted to do as much myself to really get familiar with the truck and have the knowledge of just how everything works. I want to be able to troubleshoot potential problems, so I want to be responsible for the majority of the work.

For my fuel lines, I had bought a kit from CPP with push lok fittings and fuel line, which made it a lot easier to put together. Let me tell you, after getting the fuel line on the fittings, it doesn't budge at all. I got a Russell fuel filter and got my lines run.

Up next was getting the computer and TAC module inside the cab, I was able to mount the computer and TAC module on the firewall with a Dirty Dingo bracket. I tried to salvage the original wiring harness, but it wasn't going to work. So I ordered a Speedway harness and rewiring the whole truck.

Name:  IMG_3652.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  44.3 KB

I've had tons of wiring help from fellow forum member Dec010974 and he even built me my LS harness to complete my stand alone wiring harness. Can't thank him enough for all his help!

Name:  IMG_3685.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  50.8 KB

I got the power wires hooked up and checked for issues, everything checked out OK...and we've got power!

Name:  IMG_3699.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  39.5 KB

Instagram: c_lo_garage

Check out my 1966 C10 project "El Viejito" here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=674614
19SIKtySix is offline   Reply With Quote