View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #144
Killer Bee

Re: Time for some longhorn love, show pics

^ thanks! how was I not even subscribed to this thread of awesomeness?!

sooo, as some of us may already know, that beautiful ochre longhorn made it to the farm for my mom last year..

awesome deal Russ, can't thank you enough! I'm anxious to see it this July for the first time

well, what's better than one '71 longhorn... two '71 longhorns of course

keeping the red one here for repairs and such but so far, not much I wasn't expecting..

transporter did bust the cab marker lights but we struck a cash deal on the spot..

had a couple of hard starts and fits of backfire but 90% of the time runs very well..

did find a partial napa carb kit in the cab so that may explain part of it

likely an 80's era target motor with a little lifter tick but very strong with q-jet and points

clutch is tight, no funny noises, rolls smooth and quietly, had it to 60mph so far no vibrations..

lights, gauges, even cigar lighter work.. horn switch clicks but no 'toot' so have to look into that..

interior condition is amazing! curious about the seat pattern but the build sheet still stuck in the back so sure it's original..

needs complete bed wood, strips, and hardware, heater core, and tires on the short list..

barnyard repaint looks better across the street than up close but gets the job done.. red paint - check

rust in all the usual places, some repairable / some requires panel replacement.. but meh, MO farm boy is used to it

no leaks on the ground so far but really haven't got into it very far, just got it home Thursday night..

overall, rough in a lot of ways but well optioned, great running, with a lot of potential..

very excited to have it in my driveway