View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
ck5566
Account Suspended

A little problem with "A-P" member

This is all about one man NOT knowing what he actually had for sale. A *Miss Representation* of the year of the part ended up being a 71-72 fitment not the 68 year fitment that I ask for. I'll start with the Original Thread as Titled, Porterbuilt Prep Sale- Stock Frame & Suspension Parts. 09/26/2016 @3:09 pm

A-P states in his first post #1 the frame parts are form a 68 short fleet.
In post #18 I ask if its "Positively" for a 68.
He responded back with a picture and with a $50 for it.
I agreed to "his only time" to pick it up which I drove more than a half a day & 3/4 tank of gas for it.
Got the part home & cleaned it up & was pre-fitting other parts on it & found the center link was wrong.
So I posted my findings about the part not being for a 68 like I ask for (my words Positively for a 68) and what year I found it to be for 71-72 only. And went on to say Hopefully it will be back up for sale.
A-P PM'd me back asking why I blasted him on the site for his mistake he made.
I thought about the way I might have came across in my wordings in making the complaint & posting for all to see. It wasn't to blast him it was to show a wrong parts year was sold & I as well stated I hope the part would be eventually sold.
All of the above talking points said was not to hurt any body (A-P) it was just to set things right.
He has admitted he was wrong by selling a wrong parts year fitments but he also thinks I should bring the part back for a refund. That's fine if I live just around the corner from him But I don't I live more than a 1/2 days drive & 3/4 tank of gas away & I had to get the part at His time frame, and I did that. So now I should be the one to waste More time & gas to get a refund. It would be the proper thing & the least costly amount to have him send shipping cast to me. He doesn't think that's fair, what if I lived on the East Coast would he still say bring it back or send it back on my dime, Fair is fair but this is not the case here. I am just asking for him to do the right thing here. ck5566