View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #18
bnoon

Re: Project Mr. Green Jeans

Score at the pull your own salvage yard today! Had to get a steering wheel because the original one was covered by a deteriorated fake leather wrap that had somehow fused with the steering wheel material and wouldn't come off. Same gold 1976 plane Jane truck that I pulled some parts off last week and ended up selling a few things... would have gotten it on the same trip but didn't have my steering wheel puller with me. Cleaned up nice. Scrubbed it in HOT water and dish soap to remove the dirt and grease, then dried. Center button will get restained to black and the center metal repainted with the GMC orange/red color (probably mix my own model paint or something). BTW, first trip that my girlfriend came along with today for an adventure, but it was too cold to do any real exploring. She helped me scout out a few more trucks that they had brought in, but nothing worth anything to me. I did complain to the guy at the front desk about the forklift ruining the bed/doors on that really rust free truck (the last few actually) and they said that they might let me back behind the gates to pull a bed off of a really clean one before the forklift brings it into the yard! (crosses fingers)
Attached Images

bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote