View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 10:25 AM   #4628
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

With the new cat Molly in the house last night, I was not sure if bootfair would be on the cards today.

And when she fell off something in the en-suite bathroom at 1.20am I turned on the light to spend a few minutes with her, before she left my room, and back to the lodgers room which she seems to like.

I next woke at 05.40 which made for a good night.

Considering her, I did think after the last few weeks of absolute junk, not to go.

Then got up, made a cuppa tea, fed her and fussed about her.

She pee’d in the litter tray, and after breakfast pooped, a healthy mix of deathly pong and some noxious gasses.

So to me, that was perfect, as it meant she had accepted this as a place to be for a while, hopefully a long while.

She needs to be indoors for a couple of weeks at least so she can root here.

Anyway. Off to the Bootfair by 06.30 and it was full,by the time I got there 10 minutes later.

As always looking out for various things for various people.

I got a 22mm stopcock, brand new, £2.00

Followed by this star for £1.00 it will be part of the new garage forecourt that will happen once the steel guy gets his butt into gear to come do my steel works, will be STAR BRAND GASOLINE using the Sinclair colours.

Part of a deal that gave me a bunch of new and unused kitchen knives, a folding knife and two pairs of secateurs was this lifetime guaranteed Wilkinson Sword item, I have had one for about 30 years, and it is nigh on indestructible, though tired, it still works well, so always said I wished I could find another....... got lucky.

Part of the same deal.

What has the world come to?

Warnings one everything

Let Darwin decide.

Unused. Locking blade, solid.

Another favourite as I have loved these a long time, though expensive at £3.00 it is a solid state and well built 1/12 size model.

2CV heaven.

Flags for £2.00

When I got home, it was a real DejaVu moment as I started to unpack, head into the bag, and then onto the ottoman to check it all out.

Like Harley was channelling through Molly.

She let me start to unpack after a certain amount of security checking.

Race car out back left, made from a Coke can 50p
Aviator helmet, thrown in free with knives.
Happy dancing “Coca Cola” bottle £2.00
Hotwheels toys £1.00 for three, Craig gets 4 and I keep 5
Build a camper for @CraigRK £2.00
The Mum book (great reading for the loo) 20p
2CV £3.00 bargain

By now Molly was comfy.

Enamel bucket for kitchen utensils £1.00 new unused
Star £1.00
Knives £2.00
Small plug in night light for Molly downstairs 50p
Duvet glass 50p
“E” tea cup for Elli £1.00
Ultra insect repellent military grade 50p each (loads of mosquitoes)

So this was the best Bootfair of the year, not most bargains, but most happy things.

I saw no cat scratching posts, or a Cat Mate water fountain, but faith restored in my local Bootfair.

Now got to go work on the Rezin Rockit.

Later.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote