View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 04:36 AM   #4648
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realvc View Post
Hey Rian, You might check out the Jeep aftermarket parts sites on the web for CJ and YJ seat mounts. I replaced the ones in YJ and now the seats flip forward making it easier to get to the back area.

Is your C10 jealous of your new project?
Morning Vince

This will be a two seater “Racer” style build.

Absolutely do not want anyone in the rear.

I have stripped out everything in the rear, seat belts, carpet etc as I have no intent on having extra weight, and once the new cage is built, even more so.

A post from a chap in Scotland

[quote author="@jimil" source="/post/2631345/thread" timestamp="1601222319"]Talking about VDO gauges, came across these today, IIRC they came out of an Audi coupe that my B-I-L scrapped years ago.

Any use to you?

[/quote]

My reply:

Hi Jimi, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Thanks for the post offer.

The plan is to fit, as you know a MX5 engine and gearbox.

There was some wiring loom in the container the other day when I went to look at the motor.

Not sure if it was part of the MX5 motor, but think so.

I am planning on buying a new loom, because it’s a plastic car and the cost vs constantly reconnecting, fault finding and swearing soon outweighs the cost of a new loom.

So if there is enough of the Mazda electrics, it would be good.

I need to go take a look to see if I still have a rev counter I may have given away before, or that could be in my truck parts pile, but I like he idea of a large rev counter.

Not sure if I will be able to, or if it would be worth trying to get the existing, weather beaten and rusted gauges back to function or just replace with good functional items.

I think decent parts are probably the right way to go though.

What do you need to have for these gauges?

I will send you a PM as well.

I also sent a PM and asked the price including shipping.

His reply posted to my question, weirdly, as I sent off the PM.

[quote"]What do you need to have for these gauges?

[/quote]FOC shipmate, they cost me nothing so it wouldn't be right to take anything for them. I hate throwing things away so they have been kicking about my garage for years because they "might come in useful one day" .......... Looks like that day has arrived [/quote]
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote