View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Customized My Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Very Sweet deal Larry! I was just at the COS pick and pull....they have a diesel blazer in there with the same color (but two tone). Better go grab the engine!

There is also a 90' suburban with a decent hood if you wanted to snag it. I grabbed the passenger fender and didn't find any rust anywhere.

And I will say, $400 is a sweet deal for that baby! If you want to part the tailgate....just let me know. That's one of the last main pieces I need to get rid of the rust.
Heck, if it is the same color I might have to go grab all kinds of stuff. Thanks for the heads up. Nah….not planning to part this truck out but if I ever do I’ll let you know. I’ve already had a few people trying to talk me out of that tailgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Larry,check your mail this week. I like that jackhammer and pitchfork analogy,although I doubt you're liking the results. But I'm gonna steal that one! Why do people cut harnesses when all they do is "clip" in place? Plumb ignernt. I pulled the 4L80E out of the '91 Suburban (with engine in) and the harness was like the interstate system...all over the place...and tied-in with everything else in places. It took patience,but I opened it all up and ran down every wire to keep it complete.
Thanks Tim! I really appreciate that!

Yeah, I don’t know why people do what they do. Lots of hacks out in the world. I was actually surprised to see the torque converter still in the trans as so many people that don’t know what they are doing don’t separate the torque converter from the flywheel when pulling engines and end up breaking the front pump on the transmission. I’ll be looking forward to the mail this week!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote