View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #42
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLS View Post
44boggers, gotta say this is a great build. You are doing some awesome stuff being so far from readily available parts. I love the brakes. But gotta say, as an Aircraft Mechanic your killin me on you safety wire job! Think of it as the wire should be pulling each bolt in the tightening direction. When done it should look like a backwards "S".

Please don't take my criticism the wrong way. Your doing a hell of a job. Can't wait to see it complete.
Thanks Turbo, bring on the criticism, only way to learn. But looking at my safety wire job i cant see how they could come loose. If one bolt was to loose it would essentially try to tighten the other. Because they wire is made in an S shape. I swear I did it just like the instructions said plus watching 100 videos on it. But looking at it I cant see how if one was to loosen it would also loosen the other bolt, they would be pulling in the opposite directions.

I mean I believe you know exactly what you are talking about since you do this for a living, but I can't see how my wire job is incorrect. Please enlighten me Turbo.

Thanks

Paul
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote