View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #1
bh86

Issues with power windows after rebuilding doors

So I’ve gone through the doors on my 84 and replaced pins, bushings, all new rubber, new motors and regulators, and all new power window harness from gmachinz (The harnesses are beautiful btw). The problem I’m running into is that the windows are still extremely slow, in fact they won’t even go up all the way unless assisted. The brand of power window and regulators is ACI, the regulators seemed to be well built when compared to some others I have seen, but I don’t know if these motors could be the problem? I put the passengers side together first and played around with it and thought, maybe the drivers side will be different, but it was even worse. Has anyone else had the same issues? I have a power probe and tested to see how much voltage I was getting at the motors and there’s plenty. Is it possible I installed the rubber incorrectly? I don’t see how, I’ve done this before and not had issues but I’m definitely no pro and it’s been so long since I did the last windows that it was like starting over again. I’m wondering if I should try different motors at this point but hoping that someone else may have had experience with the same brand and could give their experience good or bad. It’s getting frustrating at this point to say the least but I’m going to figure it out somehow!!
bh86 is offline   Reply With Quote