View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 05:19 AM   #14
bh86

Re: Issues with power windows after rebuilding doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I just want to throw this in here, you might already now this. But I have seen it happen several times, when people are cycling the window motor. But make sure the truck is running and not just in the acc. mode. Window motors will tend to run slower when the key is in acc mode, rather than if the truck is running. And then they will get too hot and stop running altogether until they cool off.

I work in an auto factory and doors were kind of my speciality. I would see other people make a repair and then come get me because they are puzzled on why some of the functions of the door, mainly the window, are slower than normal. So we would start the car and all was fine.
Thanks for the follow-up. I did try starting it and although it helped it didn't solve the issue. I'm going to try again tomorrow after letting them sit rolled up. I do feel that they should at the very least close up all the way even with the motor off, is that correct or should I wait for the rubber to breaking first before expecting that?
bh86 is offline   Reply With Quote