View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #10
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

And the last of the easy stuff.

After that was tacked in it was an hour and a half of stretching, measuring, pulling, measuring, tweaking, measuring, cussing, measuring, second guessing, more measuring. You get the idea. Spreading the frame is easy. The catch is if you just spread it and weld it the front of the horns spread farther than the crossmember and the rails are no longer parallel.

There is a hi-lift Jack, three come alongs and a ratchet strap. Or in other terms, a clusterf**k.

You can see in this pic how the rails don't spread evenly. That's where all the cables and straps came in.
The hi lift was used first to spread the rails. It had very little pressure on it originally. After that the come along at the front was used to pull the rails together. From there, the come along angled behind the crossmember was used to rotate the rail slightly. The one in back going diagonal was very slightly pulling the whole frame out of a diamond and the ratchet strap on the lower arm mounts was there to pull just the bottom closer together. If I had one of those big tables made from i-beams it would probably be allot more simple.

After a lot of tweaking it was time to make it solid. The lower plate was first in.

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote