View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #5
lasmith03

Re: 69 C10 Heater Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
The brown wire you are seeing is the key switch accessory wire and it is a 12 gauge wire from the key switch shown in the first diagram below. It feeds the wipers the heater and the turn signal flashers. It is indicated by the first arrow on the left.
I know its hard to see, but the wire you are describing is the second wire in my pic (me holding the ignition switch connector top to bottom). Notice how the 24BRN/W joins it at the top. You can also see the 12P and 12PPL wires in my pic clearly which helps with orientation. Truck is metallic blue so there is overspray on some of the wires. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
Locate the heater switch on the diagram and you'll see another brown wire that is the feed wire to the switch. It is a 14 gauge wire and it comes from the heater fuse on the fuse panel up to the switch.
This is the bottom wire in my pic. I think someone pulled it from the heater connector and plugged it in here. I traced this wire back from the bottom of the ignition switch connector (as I'm holding it in the pic) to the fuse block (the bottom left brown wire in the block diagram) and it terminates at one end of the AC fuse. I do not have a green wire that goes to the TEMP SW like in the diagram located on my ignition connector. Not sure where it is.

BTW, I have the gauges instrument cluster connector...not the dummy light cluster one. Maybe that's why I don't have a green wire there.
lasmith03 is offline   Reply With Quote