View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #12
Ben Moras

Re: 69 C10 Heater Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
Well Ben, I am not sure what you are asking but it seems that you want to run the brown wire from the fan motor directly to the fuse box. If that's the case then you can do that, but the fan will run anytime the key is on, and you won't have any slow or medium speeds.

On the back of the fuse panel behind the heater fuse, there should be the brown wire connected, which should run straight to the fan switch to the common terminal. then there are three wires from the switch which run to the blower motor resistor and from there you'll have one orange wire which goes to the fan motor through the firewall for it's power. Jumping this wire to a 12 volt source will make the motor run in high speed. That's how I check them if I suspect that the fan motor is bad.
Hi VetteVet
Thanks for the reply,
the brown wire I have now comes from the wire loom, and looks also like it goes through the ignition. However there is no power coming through it, when key is on or on acc.
So yesterday I cut the brown wire and striped the coating back. I plugged the wire with the spade end into the black connector and then plugged the connector to the fan switch on the lever controls.
I took a 12volt supply and attached it to the stripped end of the cut brown wire, to simulate power through that wire as per what would normally happen, an attached the earth to the dash. The fan worked perfect, with all speeds and controls.
So the question is,
Can I make a new brown wire and attach it to the back of the fuse panel heater fuse, and go direct to the fan switch in the same position as the cut wire that I tested and bypass the origanal wire in the loom and ignition?
I hope that makes sense, I will post pics if I can
Ben Moras is offline   Reply With Quote