Old 05-05-2016, 11:09 PM   #14
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: 69 C10 Heater Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Moras View Post
Hi VetteVet
Thanks for the reply,
the brown wire I have now comes from the wire loom, and looks also like it goes through the ignition. However there is no power coming through it, when key is on or on acc.
So yesterday I cut the brown wire and striped the coating back. I plugged the wire with the spade end into the black connector and then plugged the connector to the fan switch on the lever controls.
I took a 12volt supply and attached it to the stripped end of the cut brown wire, to simulate power through that wire as per what would normally happen, an attached the earth to the dash. The fan worked perfect, with all speeds and controls.
So the question is,
Can I make a new brown wire and attach it to the back of the fuse panel heater fuse, and go direct to the fan switch in the same position as the cut wire that I tested and bypass the origanal wire in the loom and ignition?
I hope that makes sense, I will post pics if I can
That sounds like what I said to do and if it works and it's fused you're golden.

That wiring looks pretty rough but as long as it's safe and you understand it you should be fine. VV

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote