View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #69
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
The biggest not worthy complication is the frame area where the rear shackle hanger goes. It doesn't have the proper clearance for the shackle there. So you have to either mount the hanger too low and end up with a weird caster angle, mount the shackle low and make the front spring hangers lower to compensate, or modify the frame to mount the shackle hanger up higher like a factory 4x4.
So you are talking about the rear hanger of the front leaf springs right? I see where he showed the frame on the 2wd doesn't curve up at a sharp of an angle like the 4x4 frame did.

Should I cut it and weld it back so it does have that angle? I have seen a lot of other 4x4 swaps in the past and it seems no one else addresses that issue.

I am no wheeler or climber or anything and I don't even play in the mud anymore but I do want my angles to be as correct as possible and not cause issues with driveability.

Also, so far the plan is to shorten the frame Saturday morning so if there is any other welding I need to do I need to have planned to have it done that day.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote