View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #11
rideair

Re: What is Level? 1987 Suburban

hewittca,

You are correct, never noticed until ;-) would be nice to have had the 3/4 Ton model that appeared not to have this problem as much, but this was a one owner, local old guy with 73K, etc.. that sold it to me a year before his passing. He only put 2 miles on the OD his last year and that was to have it state inspected.

eighteenninetytwo, may have the best idea, let it settle and I fill it with stuff, it should be a winner.

Still need to replace all the spring bushings, which could bring up the front just a bit (or rear), get all the sound proofing installed, interior, etc... which should add some weight to help bring down the rear including spare tire, bla, bla...

Plus, there's a good chance it will be used to pull a 1966 or 1970 Airstream trailer at times, which would be nice to have it a little higher for the 450lbs of tongue weight, even though I do use leveling bars.

Worst comes to worst, I could always make a 1/2"-3/4" zero-rate spring for the front to bring it up just a bit.

Or, could I use a slighter longer shackle in the rear of the front spring? Not sure how that effects things?

Would not use a 1" zero-rate which would just delete what I did in the rear in regards to looks. but, it would be nice to have the front just a bit higher after seeing the rear up, but just a bit, ;-)

Had never thought to cut the rear fenders, but it's to late now with all new paint which was wet sanded, buffed.

If it's ever decided to do a Blazer, we'll know the solution!
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote